Up to 100kV Regulated High Voltage DC Power Supplies
The SH family of power supplies are sophisticated, 8 kW through 40 kW, high voltage power supplies with low ripple and noise. They are air insulated fast response units with tight regulation and extremely low arc discharge currents
Specifications for 8 kW Power Supplies (Specifications apply from 5% to 100% of rated voltage. Operation is guaranteed
down to zero with a slight degradation of performance.) (For 16 kW power supplies, unless otherwise indicated, the performance specification limits could be increased by a factor of up to 30%. For power supplies over 16 kW consult the factory.)
- Input: 187-228 V rms, three-phase, 48-63 Hz, 12,000 VA maximum at full load (less than 35 A per phase). Inrush current is less than 45 A with a nominal decay time constant of 60 ms. Four 10-32 studs for AC line connection with a safety cover and strain relief are provided. For systems 16 kW and greater, a separate AC input connection is required for each additional slave chassis. Mains service must be protected with fuses or circuit breakers with a maximum rating of 125 A.
- Efficiency:Typically > 85% at full load.
- Output:Continuous, stable adjustment from 0 to rated voltage/current by means of panel-mounted 10-turn potentiometers (0.05% resolution), or external 0 to +10 V signals. Repeatability better than 0.1% of setting
- Polarity:Available with either Positive, Negative, or Reversible polarity with respect to chassis ground.
- Ambient Temperature: -20 to +40° C, operating; -40 to +85° C, storage
- Arc Quench:The HV output is inhibited for a short period after each load arc to quickly extinguish the arc
- Arc Count: Internal circuitry constantly senses and integrates arcs that occur over a given time. In the event a system or load arcing problem develops and exceeds factory-set parameters, the power supply will cycle off in an attempt to clear the fault and then automatically restart after a preset “off dwell time”.
- Pulse-Width Modulation: Off-the-line pulse-width modulation provides high efficiency and a reduced parts count for improved reliability.
- Constant Voltage/Constant Current Operation: Automatic crossover from constant-voltage to constant-current regulation provides protection against overloads, arcs, and short circuits.
- Air Insulated: The SH Series features “air” as the primary dielectric medium. No oil or encapsulation is used to impede serviceability or increase weight.
- Constant Voltage/Constant Current Operation: Automatic crossover from constant-voltage to constant-current regulation provides protection against overloads, arcs, and short circuits
- Tight Regulation: Voltage regulation is better than 0.01% for allowable line and 0.01% for allowable load variations. Current regulation is better than 0.1% from short circuit to rated voltage.
- Redundant Thermal Overload Protection: Thermostats and tachometer fan RPM sensing
shut down the power supply due to over temperature or reduced fan speeds.
- Higher Power Capability: Power supply modules can be paralleled up to 40 kW output power utilizing one master control module and up to four slave modules.