Up to 12kV Regulated High Voltage DC Power Supplies
The LQ family are sophisticated, 10 kW, high voltage power supplies with low ripple and noise.They are air insulated, fast response units, with tight regulation.
(Specifications apply from 5% to 100% rated voltage. Operation is guaranteed down to zero voltage with a slight degradation of performance.)
- Input: 1: 187 – 228 V RMS, three-phase, 48-63 Hz, 16.0 kVA maximum at full load (less than 45 A/phase). Inrush current is less than 150 A. A five position terminal strip is provided for AC line conection. Mains service must be protected with fuses or circuit breakers with a maximum rating of 125 A for 208 VAC models & 100 A
for 380 through 480 VAC models.
- Efficiency:Typically > 85% at full load.
- Output: Continuous, stable adjustment from 0 to rated voltage/current by means of panel-mounted 10-turn potentiometers (0.05% resolution), or external 0 to +10 V signals. Repeatability better than 0.1% of setting
- Voltage programming accuracy: 1% of setting + 0.5% of rated output. Resolution is a function of the programming method used.
- Current programming accuracy:1% of setting plus 1% of rated output
- Arc Quench: The HV output is inhibited for a short period after each load arc to help extinguish the arc.
- Arc Count: Internal circuitry constantly senses and integrates arcs that occur over a given time. In the event a system or load arcing problem develops and exceeds factory-set parameters, the power supply will cycle off in an attempt to clear the fault and then automatically restart after a preset “off dwell time”.
- Pulse-Width Modulation: Off-the-line pulse-width modulation provides high efficiency and a reduced parts count for improved reliability.
- Low Ripple: Ripple is typically less than 0.1% RMS of rated voltage at full load.
- Air Insulated: The LQ Series features “air” as the primary dielectric medium. No oil or encapsulation is used to
impede serviceability or increase weight.
- Input Voltage: 208 VAC standard. 380, 415 & 480 VAC optional.
- Parallelable: One master supply and up to 4 slave supplies for a maximum of 50 kW.
- Constant Voltage/Constant Current Operation: Automatic crossover from constant-voltage to constant-current regulation provides protection against overloads, arcs, and short circuits.
- Constant Current/Current Trip: A rear panel switch allows selection of either current mode.
- Redundant Thermal Overload Protection: Thermostats and fan RPM sensing shut down the power supply
due to over temperature or reduced fan speeds.
- Tight Regulation: Voltage regulation is better than 0.05% for allowable line variations and 0.05% for allowable
load variations. Current regulation is better than 0.5% from short circuit to rated voltage.