Up to 500kV Regulated High Voltage DC Power Supplies
The LH open stack family are sophisticated 4 kW power supplies with extremely low ripple and noise. They are air insulated fast response units with tight regulation. LH open stack series models consist of a rack style driver chassis, a high voltage stack assembly, and a remote control unit.
Specifications apply from 5% to 100% rated voltage. (Operation is guaranteed down to zero voltage with a slight degradation of performance.)
- Input: 187-228 V RMS, 3Ø, 48-63 Hz, 5500 VA maximum at full load. Less than 16A/Ø at 208 VAC. A five-position terminal block with protective cover is provided on the rear panel of the driver chassis. Mains service must be protected with fuses or circuit breakers with a maximum rating of 100 A for 200/208 VAC models & 60 A for 400 VAC models.
- Efficiency: Typically 80% at full load
- Output: Continuous stable adjustment from 0 to rated voltage or current by panel mounted 10-turn potentiometers with 0.05% resolution, or by external 0 to 10 V signals is provided. Repeatability better than 0.1% of setting. Voltage accuracy is 0.5% of setting + 0.2% of rated.
- Arc Quench: The HV output is inhibited for a short period after each load arc to help extinguish the arc
- Embedded Microcontroller Control: Integral RS-232, USB and optional Ethernet communications provide remote control program and monitor
- Air Insulated: The LH Series features “air” as the primary dielectric medium. No oil or encapsulation is used to impede serviceability or increase weight
- Low Ripple: Typically, ripple is less than 0.1% peak to peak of rated voltage at full load
- Parallelable: One master supply and up to 4 slave supplies provide a maximum of 12 – 20 kW depending on kV
- Pulse-Width Modulation: Off-the-line pulse-width modulation provides high efficiency and a reduced parts count for improved reliability
- Constant Voltage/Constant Current Operation: Automatic crossover from constant-voltage to constant-current regulation provides protection against overloads, arcs, and short circuits
- Constant Current/Current Trip: A rear-panel selector switch on the remote chassis allows selection of either current mode
- Tight Regulation: Voltage regulation is better than 0.005% for allowable line and load variations. Current regulation is better than 0.1% from short circuit to rated voltage