Up to 100kV Regulated High Voltage DC Power Supplies
The KR Series of 3 kW high voltage supplies feature flexible embedded controls with low ripple and noise. They are air insulated, fast response units, with tight regulation and extremely low arc discharge currents.
Specifications apply from 5% to 100% rated voltage. Operation is guaranteed down to zero voltage with a slight degradation of performance.
- Input: 187 – 264 VAC continuous single-phase, 48-63 Hz. The RMS input current at rated power is less than 20 A and inrush current is less than 35 A peak across the input line voltage range.
- Efficiency:Typically > 85% at full load.
- Output: Continuous, stable adjustment, from 0 to rated voltage or current by panel mounted optical rotary encoder or by external +10V signals.Voltage accuracy is 0.5% of setting + 0.2% of rated. Optical rotary encoder resolution: 0.025% with “Fine Adjustment” mode selected. 0.25% with “Coarse Adjustment” mode (default). Repeatability is < 0.1% of rated.
- Polarity: Available with either positive, negative or reversible polarity with respect to chassis ground.
- RS232/USB/Ethernet Programming and Monitor Accuracy
- Arc Quench: The HV output is inhibited for a short period after each load arc to help extinguish the arc.
- Arc Count: Internal circuitry constantly senses and integrates arcs that occur over a given time. In the event a system or load arcing problem develops and exceeds factory-set parameters, the power supply will cycle off in an attempt to clear the fault and then automatically restart after a preset “off dwell time”.
- Embedded Microcontroller control: Front panel digital encoders provide high resolution local adjustment of voltage and current program. Integral RS-232, USB and optional ethernet communications provide remote control program and monitor.
- Constant Voltage/Constant Current Operation: Automatic crossover from constant-voltage to constant-current regulation provides protection against overloads, arcs, and short circuits.
- Constant Current/Current Trip: A rear panel switch allows selection of either current mode.
- Slow Start: Adjustable ramp time from 0 – 30 seconds. Output ramps from 0 V to programmed voltage level.
- Tight Regulation:Voltage regulation is better than 0.005% for allowable line and 0.01% for allowable load variations. Current regulation is better than 0.1% from short circuit to rated voltage.