Rail & Transport
Transport of people or goods by air, water, road, cable and pipeline is an essential process required by any single individual or organisation. The mere fact of commuting every day to work successfully and without delay makes you realise the relevance of a continuous and reliable service at any time.
Railway systems are the backbone of the main cities and countries around the world. Helios Power Solutions has a comprehensive range of products available in Australia, New Zealand and Asia designed specifically for rail applications. These products meet the relevant rail standards for the application.
Typical applications include traction and control systems, door control systems, signalling and communication systems, charging devices for electrical motor start, information displays, entertainment systems, GPS tracking, video surveillance and security systems and passenger information systems.
Our railway quality power conversion products include DC-DC power converters, AC-DC power supplies, rectifiers and battery chargers and DC-AC sine wave inverters. All our products are designed for long operation in severe environments.
Railway switch-mode power supplies offer
- Any input and output required;
- Wide input voltage ranges (EN50155);
- Single or multiple outputs;
- EMI/EMC filtering to the required standard, EN55022 Class A or B;
- Optimal thermal performance;
- Wide operating temperature ranges including -40°C to +70°C. Wider ranges are available;
- Conduction/convection cooling;
- Wide range of options including output fail alarms, redundancy, indicators, enable/inhibit and other controls;
- High quality designs – large design headroom;
- High quality components with established reliability;
- High efficiency;
- Full electronic protection – surge and transient protection;
- RoHS compliance.
- Railway standard compliance
Railway power supplies are designed to meet rail-specific standards including EN50155, EN45545, EN50163, EN50124, EN50125, EN61000, EN50121-3-2 EMI, EN55022 Class B, RIA12, IEC571, as well as IEC61373 shock/vibration and RIA13 and RIA20 mechanical standards.
230W , Railway, DC/DC converter/Charger 600Vdc to 28Vdc/8A
Customer request was for a ruggedized dc-dc converter 600VDC to 24VDC 10A to power the new Vehicle Passenger Information System (VPIS) equipment being fitted to A – class trams.
Compliance to Rail standards was a necessity. The converter needs to fit into a confined area and must have a min. IP52 rating.
Our HVI300R series fitted into one of our IP65 enclosure’s, with a special mounting bracket.
- 424 – 720Vdc input range.
- Earthlink on lid, Clear bezel installed on lid for LED indicator.
- Designed to meet EN60950-1 and EN50155
- Shock / Vibration IEC 61373 Cat 1 A & B
- IP 65 enclosure.