There are lots of factors to consider when selecting an uninterruptible power supply. Line interactive UPS, Online UPS or offline UPS? Static tower, rack mount or modular cabinet? Choosing a UPS System boils down to your specific circumstances and what type of load you require critical power protection for. We round-up the most important criteria you should consider to ensure you pick the correct uninterruptible power supplies that best matches your needs.
The following video covers:
Other Factors Influencing Your Choice Of UPS
- Installation configuration: do you need to build in redundancy, such as an N+1 parallel system, to mitigate against the risk of a serious system failure?
- UPS maintenance: does the UPS have front panel access for maintenance or does it require side or rear access? If it’s either of the latter, it has implications for configuring the system. Contact our service team at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about our UPS maintenance and commissioning services.
- Warranties: the industry norm for UPS systems is a two or one depending on the type of UPS. All our Riello UPS range of solutions have 2 years warranty for single phase output and 1 year warranty for three phase output.
- Accessories: it’s recommended to always incorporate a bypass switch. Depending on your networking and communications requirements, SNMP cards or other BMS connections might be advisable too.
- Features: does the UPS include an LCD or even touchscreen display panel that gives you important performance information? What operating modes does it have (i.e. ECO mode, Smart Active, Frequency Converter)? Is it smart grid-ready or capable of peak shaving?
Featured Rack Mount UPSs Solutions
Information about Riello UPS
Riello UPS is the brand of uninterruptible power supplies for Data Centres, offices, electromedical applications, security and emergency equipment, industrial complexes, and communication systems, designed and produced by RPS S.p.A., a company based in Italy and part of the Riello Elettronica Group. With the Riello UPS brand, RPS S.p.A. is the industry leader in Italy and firmly placed among the top five companies in the world in technological research, production, sales, and assistance. The pursuit of quality, the optimization of resources and a strong drive towards technological innovation, together with seriousness, consistency, and experience, make RPS S.p.A. a company able to meet the needs of a fast-growing market. RPS S.p.A. has two production sites in Italy, 16 subsidiaries placed between Europe, the United States, the United Arab Emirates, China, India, Singapore, Vietnam and Australia, and a presence in over 85 countries worldwide, that offers a very high level of customer service.
Helios Power Solutions New Zealand has been Riello UPS only authorized distribution and service partner in New Zealand since 2009. Our team of qualified engineers will help you select the most appropriate systems for your needs and if needed, customize a complete solution for your specific application.